Skip to content
Are Bio Ethanol Fireplaces Safe?
- Bio-ethanol fireplaces have been available in the USA for over 20 years and are growing in popularity in the UK.
- The fireplaces are designed to be as safe as possible, stable and secure – always follow the manufacturer’s installation and user manual.
- Normal health and safety is required as normal when dealing with a naked flame and flammable liquids.
- With all open-flamed fires a fire guard should be considered.
- To ensure your safety, you should only use fuel designed for this style of fireplace.
- No other chemical or substance should be placed or used in the fireplace burner.
- Bio-fuel Fires should only be filled with a funnel and to within 15cm of the top of the tray.
- Bio-fuel Fires should never be moved/refilled when hot or lit.
- Special care needs to be taken in handling and storing of the fuel.
- The fire should only be lit in a well ventilated but a draft free environment.
- To install correcltly, ensure you read the manual before setting up your bio ethanol fireplace. UK production ensures your fire has been tested to the highest safety standards.