Installing a Fireplace and fitting a TV above?
Shown below: CVO FIRE RIVER IN A CUSTOMER HOME.
It is now becoming popular to install a TV above a Fireplace.
At CVO Fire we have a wide range of gas fireplace designs which are suitable to mount a TV above. This type of installation means that there is no need for a hearth or surround and a TV on a stand, all of which can take up considerable space up within a room. By removing these items from the floor and positioning them on the wall it makes the available living space appear more contemporary and makes furniture planning easier. With careful planning it is also possible to hide the DVD, surround sound system and all the required cables within the cavity created for the TV and fireplace. Shown below are a selection of installation images from customer homes. These include both gas fireplaces with or without a chimney (flueless no chimney models).
It should be warned however that this type of installation should not be considered lightly and requires special planning and we strongly advise that you seek expert advice from our trained sales consultants. With careful planning it is possible to achieve this stunning look however we can provide some guidance and advice in relation to the gas fire and not the TV as there are many styles, shapes, fitting kits and sizes.
Key Factors that need to be considered:
- There needs to be protection from the heat given out by the fireplace so that it does not affect the TV.
- The TV generates a considerable amount of heat by itself and needs air providing all around it. Large plasma TVs get hot regardless of the gas fire and need ventilation.
- The TV needs to be recessed into its own cavity, with air all around further back than to finished wall.
- The back of the TV must be protected from any heat which is generated within the chimney.
- Call us to discuss your plans.
CALL US TODAY ON 01325-301020 TO DISCUSS THIS TYPE OF INSTALLATION.
THERE ARE MANY INSTALLATION OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR HOMES WITH AND WITHOUT A CHIMNEY
The CVO range of gas fires includes contemporary and traditional fireplaces for all homes with or without a chimney : chimney fires, high efficiency gas fires, ethanol fires, flueless gas fires, and balanced flue gas fires. All our contemporary gas fires are designed and manufactured in the UK