Installing a Fireplace and fitting a TV above?
It is now very popular to mount a TV above a fireplace as this creates additional space within a room and makes furniture arrangement easier. Most of the gas fires and bio-ethanol fireplaces we manufacture can be installed with a TV above using our installation guidelines. If you are considering installing a TV above a fireplace call 01325-301020 or visit our fireplace showroom to find out the full installation requirements.
- What type of fireplace do you require? This is important as the type of fireplace will dictate how the TV is mounted. Each style of fireplace has specific installation requirements, some gas appliances need flue pipes. In most instances these pipes come from the top of the appliance and hence into the area above the fireplace where the TV will be placed.
- What type of fuel? Using gas is the cheapest option as it will keep running costs to a minimum. If gas is not possible then bioethanol is an option.
- What type of TV? This is important as the TV dimensions and the wall bracket will dictate how far the TV will stand off the wall or how much it will require to be recessed into the wall.
- Click Here for Details about Different Types of Fireplace
- FLUELESS GAS FIRE: We are the only Company in the UK who can supply an open flamed gas fire which requires no chimney. This is 100% energy efficient and has many design styles and options. Hand made at our factory in the UK the fire is easy to install and use and can provide up to 3.5Kw of Heat – adequate for most modern properties. The unique feature about this fire is that it can be recessed into the wall . READ MORE ABOUT FLUELESS GAS FIRES
- BALANCED FLUE GAS FIRE: These appliances are glass fronted and are available in sizes from 400mm to 2000mm wide. With efficiency ratings from 75-85% these fires require a concentric flue system which can be routed vertically and horizontally. READ MORE ABOUT BALANCED FLUE GAS FIRES
- GLASS FRONTED CHIMNEY FIRE: These are high efficiency gas fires which require a chimney or flue system which can be routed vertically or horizontally with a fan. These fires are more adaptable as they can be made into custom sizes if required. READ MORE GLASS FRONTED CHIMNEY FIRES
- BALANCED FLUE GAS FIRE: Open flame gas fires require a chimney or flue system which can be routed vertically or horizontally with a fan. These fires are more adaptable as they can be made into custom sizes if required. READ MORE ABOUT OPEN FLAME FIRES
- POWER FLUE GAS FIRE: With efficiency ratings from 75-85% these unique fireplaces use very small pipes and these can be routed under the floor if required. This makes these fire perfect for mounting a TV above. READ MORE ABOUT POWER FLUE GAS FIRES
- BIOETHANOL FIREPLACE: These fires require no chimney or gas supply and use liquid fuel for operation. READ MORE ABOUT BIOETHANOL FIRES
Mounting a TV above a fireplace is not complicated however it needs careful planning before any work takes place. This type of installation can be achieved with a wide range of appliances. We have solutions available for homes with and without a chimney using flueless gas fires, high efficiency chimney fires, open flame gas fires, balanced flue gas fires and also power flue gas fires and stoves. We are unable to show every combination here and therefore we ask that you call us to discuss your plans and we can e-mail guidance sheets to you. The easiest and most energy efficient way to achieve this contemporary installation style is to use our open flame flueless gas fire and recess system (as shown above in the image with Beyoncé). This design requires no chimney and has 100% energy efficiency. By using a gas fire without a chimney the installation costs are greatly reduced.
Installing a TV above a fireplace can be achieved easily as long as strict guidelines are followed. There have been a number of instances where customers have tried this as a DIY installation and very expensive damage has occurred to the TV. To get accurate advice of what you need to do speak to our sales consultants and we can then guide you towards the best solution. The images show customer homes.
NEED TECHNICAL HELP? Call our sales team on 01325-301020, Monday to Saturday, 8-30am to 6pm to discuss your requirements in detail.
The CVO range of gas fires includes contemporary and traditional fireplaces for all homes with or without a chimney : chimney fires, high efficiency gas fires, ethanol fires, flueless gas fires, and balanced flue gas fires. All our contemporary gas fires are designed and manufactured in the UK.